Instant On - Wireless

• 1.  Category URL blocking

Posted 11-12-2019 02:41 AM

I have noticed that firmware 1.3 has been released which is great. It has some great features such as External Guest portal, Facebook Wifi and of course Category URL blocking. It is about this last feature that i have a suggestion: when one blocks a specific category, let's say Adult, and a user tries to reach a website in this category, no errormessage is shown, the site just appears off-line what may lead to the false assumption that the network is performing poorly. It might be better if there were shown a message stating that the URL is actively been blocked by the network. Now nothing happens and it just seems that the request times out...

• 2.  RE: Category URL blocking

Posted 11-12-2019 02:50 AM
    as an addition: i have noticed that the category blocking rules do not apply to devices connected to physical ports on the AP11D, only wireless clients are subject to category blocking rules. Traffic generated by wired clients still does not show up in the traffic analysis overview. It might be a good idea to handle traffic from wired clients the same way as wireless clients just just like being able to assign physical ports to a certain network might be a good idea to ;-)

• 3.  RE: Category URL blocking

Employee
    Posted 11-13-2019 05:44 PM

@yousch  Thank you for the feedback about the URL blocking and will pass this along to the product team.

• 4.  RE: Category URL blocking

Employee
    Posted 11-14-2019 11:04 AM

@yousch In the next firmware release, we will be addressing both of your concerns for blocking and ports on the AP11D.

• 5.  RE: Category URL blocking

Posted 11-14-2019 12:40 PM

@GThiesengreat news, thanks for feedback, already looking forward to this.