Instant On - Wireless

• 1.  Is there any way to configure something offline?

Posted 05-21-2020 04:23 AM

So, is it available to do it?

AS example, in one of my office i have only cable from provides without DHCP. I need set up 11D as router. Connect there small switch without DHCP there. Provider takes to me IP, mask, DG and i need set this to 11D to provide connectivity to InstantON cloud for configure. Or in some cases we can test AP in office, go to another office and havn't any methods to change setting for connectivity.

In some cases we plan set InstanON AP to customers which have facility in filed without Internet. There need simple connectivity by WiFi to internal LAN for few porters tablets for some internal portals. No any Internet there. IAP more expensive, i thinks we able to choose cheap InstantON for same scenarios. But as i see after testing, there big problems with this.

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to configure something offline?

Employee
    Posted 05-27-2020 09:57 AM

AIO AP's are only able to be configured via the app and webportal, both only work when the AP has connection to the internet.

I haven't tested this but I do think you should be to configure it on a location with internet and then take it to the location without it. Obviously you'll loose all configuration and monitoring capabilities.

In these days I can't imagine a customer not having internet, but the you'll be able to configure the new AIO switches locally.

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to configure something offline?

Posted 05-27-2020 01:47 PM

Scenarios are different. In some cases, customers didn't wish prvode connectivity to Internet, only LAN connectivity...

And i think, ability to configure manual wan static ip will be very cool. Because if i will config AP in one location via internet with static settings, then move it to new location, there can be case that i have mistake in typing some values. So, AP didn't start and i can't check anything. I loose few hours with trying change cables, resarting, waiting long boots and... nothing! Then I will need back to 1st location, reset AP to defaults, because with manual ip settings for wan parameters for another place AP didn't connected to Internet and i can't recheck it.

If imagine that i can change this setting locally, may be via LAN port only and change it, it will be greatly easier and time value deal. As example my 11D didn't have mormal lan status led's for wan port and i can't check simple thing - is there link up or down.