Radius Server Assigned Vlans

owaishpn

Radius Server Assigned Vlans

Dear Experts, I have tested Radius server successfully with Instanton. However wanted to confirm if Dynamic Vlan is supported through Radius? if yes the attribute will be Aruba-User-Vlan or something else?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
owaishpn

Re: Radius Server Assigned Vlans

Ok.. i have seen from other posts that Radius dynamic vlans are not supported. Not sure if they will ever be supported? any comment on this? So we have 2 main issues when competing with Unifi (prime competitors are Unifi and Meraki as per Aruba) 1) Both of them support dynamic Vlans - Aruba doesnt. Too bad, need to add it as a feature 2) Static Vlan assignment based on SSID - Aruba doesnt (or atleast i didnt see any such option). Unless AIO is targeted for home user, its not much of a use for SMB.
chrisbi
New Contributor

Similar Situation: If InstantOn supports Dynamic VLAN with Radius, you would have a lot of new customers. So please Aruba team, push this request to the responsibles who could trigger a feature request to your developers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

@owaishpn - Instant On currently doesn't support dynamic VLANs. That functionality is available with Aruba IAP solution. Instant On does offer the ability to assign static VLANs for each SSID/network.

0 Kudos