Instant On - Wireless

• 1.  SNMP Login

Posted 05-06-2020 10:41 AM

I'm trying to setup a network monitoring tool (Auvik) and its discovering our Access points (AP17) on the network as having SNMP but does not have the credentials to log into them.  However there is nowhere in the Instant On Portal for me to configure the SNMP credentials.  Is there a generic credential that I can use? Is this a feature that is coming? 

• 2.  RE: SNMP Login

Employee
    Posted 05-06-2020 03:26 PM

@qsg There is no option to configure SNMP as that is not supported. I will pass along the request for the feature to the product team.

• 3.  RE: SNMP Login

Posted 07-16-2020 10:53 PM
    Yes @GThiesen I will be excited to see this as well. Would love to have full monitoring with PRTG. And as we get more of these out in the wild our top tier clients will definitely benefit from Auvik monitoring as well. In the mean time we should at least be able to do IP uptime monitoring with existing tools even without SNMP.

• 4.  RE: SNMP Login

Posted 07-29-2020 08:22 AM

In my opinion, you really need to have SNMP monitoring and management capabilities, hopefully you can implement this sooner rather than later.

• 5.  RE: SNMP Login

Posted 07-30-2020 06:59 PM
    Agreed. This and Radio power customization are pretty basic feature expectations. I love so much about the InstantOn offering and the units have been rock solid where we have them. But here’s hoping SNMP monitoring is near on the horizon.

• 6.  RE: SNMP Login

Posted 09-28-2020 07:02 PM

What would it take to get SNMP support v2 at least to be able to monitor the devices with a monitoring tool?