Uplink/Management VLAN

tcag

Uplink/Management VLAN

Hi

We need to roll out Aruba Instant On to a customer. I am aware that Instant on does Support SSID to VLAN.

But does it also support native VLAN for the uplink? As we need to have the device uplink tagged to a specific network and not just the specific SSID. I did not find a VLAN Setting for the device itself.

Switch example:
MGMT VLAN100 Tagged (here goes the Instant on Uplink/Management)
Guest VLAN101 Tagged (SSID to VLAN)

Thanks,

Mario

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Uplink/Management VLAN

@tcag  You can configure your Mgmt VLAN100 to be untagged on the port and the Guest VLAN101 to be tagged on the same port, and the AP will be in the Mgmt VLAN and the Client will be in the Guest VLAN. In the Network settings(SSID) make sure you select Assign a VLAN to your network and use VLAN101 this will put all clients on that network.

0 Kudos
tcag

@GThiesen this is clear. But what if we cant put the port to untagged for policy reasons? I assume the Instant On AP doesn't support uplink/management interface vlan tagging then? Just tagging on the SSID?

0 Kudos
Employee
Employee

@tcag Correct.

0 Kudos
MeowserKat

This seems like something that Aruaba should be doing. With all the cyber threats and security issues on any network.  Aruba should be thinking about security first, no matter the 'grade' of their product. 

0 Kudos