Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Maximum number of Clients supported on Instant ON AP?

Employee
    Posted 12-13-2019 05:25 PM

By default, Instant On has the Maximum Clients threshold configured as 64 per Radio of a Network.

To be more clear, in 2.4 Ghz 64 clients can be connected and in 5 Ghz 64 clients can be connected per Network.

Totally 128 clients can be connected per Network.

When the max clients threshold limit exceeds on an AP, the AP will send a deuath to the exceeding client.

Example:

When the 65th client is trying to connect to the BSSID/Radio, Client will receive a deauth from the AP with the reason "Resource constrained". This deauth reason indicates that the max clients threshold is exceed for that AP. This can be validated only by the TAC / Support team on the Backend. 

#Maximumclients
    #ArubaInstantOn
    #Clientcount

• 2.  RE: Maximum number of Clients supported on Instant ON AP?

Posted 12-16-2019 03:06 AM

Could I double check this - Is this the number of connected clients per SSID Per Access Point? Or the total number of connected Clients per Site?

For example, if I had 25 Access Points in a site would the total number of clients across those 25 Access Points be 128 Clients?

Or would it be 128 clients per ssid per access point? If I had one SSID on 25 Access Points would it allow 128 clients per access point for a total of 4,700 clients on the site?

• 3.  RE: Maximum number of Clients supported on Instant ON AP?

Posted 12-31-2019 02:08 AM

I am curious about the answer to this question.
    If you have 25 APs per site and the maximum number of clients supported per 64 radios is a serious problem.
    64 people per network is too small.

• 4.  RE: Maximum number of Clients supported on Instant ON AP?

Posted 01-06-2020 06:34 AM

Hello Drew,

it must be 64 per radio per AP,

regards.

• 5.  RE: Maximum number of Clients supported on Instant ON AP?

Employee
    Posted 01-27-2020 08:00 AM

What is the maximum number of concurrent clients supported by InstantON APs?

For E.G. If I would use 25 pieces of AP-15.

Regards,

Peter

• 6.  RE: Maximum number of Clients supported on Instant ON AP?

Employee
    Posted 01-27-2020 04:01 PM

Here are additional details I got from our technical team adding to Swaathi's answer… Hope this is clear.
    The client limit for Aruba Instant On is per SSID per AP.  It is not related to the number of APs in the site.
    This too is independent of the number of clients connecting the same SSID on other APs.

The limit is 64 connecting to a single AP SSID at 2.4GHz and another 64 connecting to the same AP SSID at 5GHz.
    You can add a second SSID and have the same max number of clients on that AP's second SSID as each SSID has its own limit.  But at that point you’ll hit another limit which is upper limit of total clients per AP.  That's it.  No more.

Our recommendation is less than this so that everyone gets good performance. 
    AP15 up to 100 total clients per AP. 
    AP12 up to 75 total clients per AP. 
    AP11 up to 50 total clients per AP. 
    Best is to aim that each AP in the site get no more than that many client connections.

• 7.  RE: Maximum number of Clients supported on Instant ON AP?

Posted 11-02-2021 06:34 PM
    Just for additional clarity ...
    The Portal/Site has no limit?

------------------------------
    Wayne Fountain

• 8.  RE: Maximum number of Clients supported on Instant ON AP?

Employee
    Posted 11-10-2021 01:31 PM
    Hey Wayne,

To confirm for you, there are no limits.

Aruba Instant On Communications