Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  AP without Internet Connection

Posted 09-20-2019 11:33 AM

Hi everyone, i want to ask about the APs and the Internet connection.

I know it is necessary to work, but there any form to keep the configuration if the AP shuttdown and power again, but there not connection to Internet.

I tested to create the site and SSID, and remove the Internet connection, the SSID maintain transmitting, but when shutdown and power again, without Internet, keep blinking on green the led and nothing happen.

• 2.  RE: AP without Internet Connection

Employee
    Posted 09-23-2019 02:44 PM

@Dante2137 This is not expected behavior please reach out to support for assistance.

• 3.  RE: AP without Internet Connection

Posted 09-25-2019 04:56 AM

Hello,

I have tested the same, and it is indeed not possible.

So you need to have an active connection to internet to use Instanton, if your internet connection breaks for a few minutes there is no issue and the wireless network stays up, connectivity also still works.

However after a reboot, there is no connection to the cloud and thus doesn;t start up. It takes a lot longer to get to the local webpage: https://[local ip]:4343/debugInfo. but it will load eventually but will not be usable as an active AP.

kind regards,

Leon

• 4.  RE: AP without Internet Connection

Posted 09-25-2019 02:52 PM

I can definitely confirm that the Instant On AP will restore its local configuration and broadcast SSID even if you do not have Internet access. However, if you have actually physically removed the cable or shutdown the port, then it is definitely not a proper way to simulate a problem with the Internet. With no physical wired link, the AP will think it has to reach the network using a mesh/wireless connection and will start trying to search for another AP to connect to. This is most likely your situation and explains why the AP is taking 'a long time' to respond.

• 5.  RE: AP without Internet Connection

Posted 09-24-2019 09:49 AM

How did you disabled the Internet connection to the AP? Did you administratively disabled the port on which the AP is connected to? Or even physically removed the Ethernet cable connected to the AP?

• 6.  RE: AP without Internet Connection

Posted 03-31-2022 11:55 AM

I have the same issue with AP11. And it had been solved by simply assign static IP to AIO AP.

------------------------------
    Sunu Sugi Arso

• 7.  RE: AP without Internet Connection

Posted 08-01-2022 10:34 AM
    How did you set a static IP address? Did you contact your provider or something?

Katerina Olana

• 8.  RE: AP without Internet Connection

Posted 08-03-2022 11:41 PM
    Hello, first of all thanks to everyone for the kind answers: No, I didn't contact the supplier, replacing the partition seemed trivial to me and I would have expected it to keep it, instead it always pulls up the most recent one: we need to keep the old firmware to correctly aggregate it to the cloud. The ip was in dhcp, now I tried from the web to set it fixed resulting in a netmask. But I went back to the cli and he set the new firmware in the primary partition again :-(. The device will be added individually in Milan in one of our offices eg aggregated to the cloud. Only if I can stabilize the old signature. Graz in advance everyone .