Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  How to add more than 25 Instant On device in a single management portal

Posted 04-17-2022 11:42 PM
    Hi,

One of my customer purchased 14 units 1930 switch and AP22 total 36 Instant On device. But they unable to join all 36 IO device to the IO portal as it support max 25 device.
    Can any one please advice how they add more than 25 Instant On device in a single management portal or they can get operational all the device.

Thank you.
    Shohidul

------------------------------
    Shohidul Islam

• 2.  RE: How to add more than 25 Instant On device in a single management portal

Employee
    Posted 04-19-2022 12:35 PM
    Let me check with my team on this and let you know.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: How to add more than 25 Instant On device in a single management portal

Posted 04-20-2022 10:47 AM

You can not manage more than 25 devices under 1 site - that is a limitation.
    What you could try is to put the switches and accesspoints in different sites, but not sure how that would turn out and you'll be missing some of the advantages of all in one pane.

When Instant On first came out , it was only AP's and at that point 25 devices was more than enough for small to even medium customers.
    But now that they added a lot of switches and even stackable switches to the mix, the 25 devices limit is reached sooner than one might expect.
    So i'm hoping that Aruba will up the devicecount limit to for instance 50 devices or so... 

Yousch Karimi

• 4.  RE: How to add more than 25 Instant On device in a single management portal

Employee
    Posted 04-20-2022 12:20 PM
    In this case, you will have to create two different sites, and each site must be isolated on a separate VLAN.

• 5.  RE: How to add more than 25 Instant On device in a single management portal

Posted 09-19-2022 01:54 PM
    We're looking at maybe 10 devices per site, 15 sites. So this can be managed from one web portal login, they just need to switch sites between the 15?

steven chiang

• 6.  RE: How to add more than 25 Instant On device in a single management portal

Employee
    Posted 09-20-2022 08:59 PM
    Yes, multi-site management is possible with one login ie. when logging into the portal, the portal will list all the sites associated with the Instant On account and the user can navigate.

• 7.  RE: How to add more than 25 Instant On device in a single management portal

Posted 11-20-2023 10:14 AM