Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Wi-Fi 6E Access Point?

Posted 08-17-2021 09:59 AM
    What are the plans for a Wi-Fi 6E access point?  Either a 6E version of the AP22 or a new model?

I already have one device that supports 6E and will have several more over the next few months.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Peter Mokover

• 2.  RE: Wi-Fi 6E Access Point?

Employee
    Posted 08-25-2021 05:35 AM
    Aruba introduced one of the first Enterprise grade 6E APs few months back (AP635):
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/en-in/products/wireless/access-points/indoor-access-points/630-series/

The primary use case is for crowded venues/high density installations in Enterprise.

What use cases do you see for 6E in Small Business environments?

Sreenath Seshadri

• 3.  RE: Wi-Fi 6E Access Point?

Posted 08-27-2021 04:26 PM

There's always a need for clear spectrum in SMB, residential and Enterprise. 

I too would hope that Aruba IO will produce a 6e AP or two in the not so distant future. 

Ethan

• 4.  RE: Wi-Fi 6E Access Point?

Employee
    Posted 08-31-2021 11:33 AM
    Hey Ethan,

Thank you for this feedback - I will pass this along to my product team.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 5.  RE: Wi-Fi 6E Access Point?

Posted 08-29-2021 03:11 PM
    My interest in WiFi 6E Instant On access points is this:  I will need some additional APs in the next few months and it seems silly to not get 6E APs.  I already have one device that supports 6E and I will have a few more in the next few months.  This is for use in my two homes.

Peter Mokover

• 6.  RE: Wi-Fi 6E Access Point?

Posted 09-04-2021 11:56 AM
    I would think the needs in the SMB sector would be the same as every other sector, faster speeds, wider channels, cleaner or clearer RF spectrum.  Who wouldn't want a tri band AP?  I'm sure they'll be a cost bump up to add a 3rd radio but it would be worth it.  Granted most jobs won't need the extra speed and the concurrent throughput but we all want more, more, more! ;)   Besides its the future and everyone else has models available now so if you want to compete you have to have them too.