Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  HP Invent more Aruba Instant On Devices

Posted 09-07-2021 10:27 AM
    Dear Aruba Instant On Team,
    Thank you for creating a simple to manage solution. Im sure the boys and girls over at the Instant team like to think they have the cool stuff compared to Instant On team. However I propose some changes that would have Instant On being the cash king. I have been deploying and using Aruba Instant On for large homes, acreage properties and farms.

If I could wave my magic wand, in 2021 Aruba Instant On Team in partnership with HPE would INVENT the following:
    • Entire range of APs replaced Wifi 6e (2.4/5/6GHz) devices with 10GB UTP ports. Bye bye 1GB!!!! Cat 8 cables are so cheap.
    • Expanded Firewall "Advance Management" to prioritize specific applications using web portal management
    • Application firewall to block specific apps permanently or limit time of day eg Facebook can only be used between 8am to 8pm on weekends and 5pm-8pm on week days
    • Instant On WiFi 6e battery powered portable AP for short term MESH use outside like a Bluetooth speaker 
    • Add Gaming and home features
    • Leverage relationships with companies like Bestbuy, Visions Electronics, etc to put Aruba in the consumer market as the product is fantastic
    • Add wireless bridging to all APs. Fortinet does this for last 10 years.
    • Add 360 outdoor antenna
    • 4x WiFi 6e Routers:
    1. 4 port replacement to AP11d with wireless bridging
    2. 8 x 1GB port 1935 with 2x 10GB SFP & 2x WAN
    3. 24 x 10GB UTP 1935 with 2x 40GB SFP & 2x WAN
    4. 8 x 10GB UTP 1935 with 2x 10GB SFP & 2 x WAN ports that can be redundant and load balanced like Fortinet. Use cases could be redundant ISPs, cable or TELCO wired modem and GSM modem, or two GSM modems.

Lastly, add secure DNS service please.

Thank you for a powerful simple solution.

If you like this post please comment. The world can only be perfect if we make it so. (He he)

------------------------------
    Warren Saunders

• 2.  RE: HP Invent more Aruba Instant On Devices

Employee
    Posted 09-22-2021 03:48 AM
    Hi Warren, 

Thank you for this feedback - I will pass this along to my product team.

Aruba Instant On Communications