Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba Intant AP (Enterprise) Firmware Feature Request

Posted 12-29-2021 09:08 AM
    Aruba Intant AP (Enterprise) Firmware Feature Request

Add the ability in the Instant Firmware to Whitelist (i.e.: Valid vs Rogue) Access Points that is Persisted across reboots.  

The current method of having to run an ids-reclassify script after a power outage or reboot is "Consumer Grade" functionality at best.

If your AP 310, 510, 530 and 630 APs are truely ENTERPRISE grade.... then make it so by adding this feature.... otherwise Instant is really a "Consumer Grade" product only.

Businesses using your APs in instant mode should NOT HAVE TO spend an additional $10k+ for a controller, RFProtect, Airwave, etc in order to simply "remember"  valid APs!

If we can currently blacklist WLAN clients and this info is stored on the IAPs... then it is the SAME base persistence code can be reused to Whitelist store valid APs.

The Aruba mission is to address customer needs..  well this is a Catagory 1 need for us and our clients.

------------------------------
    Dan Read

• 2.  RE: Aruba Intant AP (Enterprise) Firmware Feature Request

Posted 12-30-2021 11:07 AM
    Hi Dan.

As this is a form for InstantON you should send this request to Aruba Innovation zone. 

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas

Innovation zone is the correct place to provide your ideas for Aruba enterprise products.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj

• 3.  RE: Aruba Intant AP (Enterprise) Firmware Feature Request

Posted 12-30-2021 01:48 PM
    Thank you Gorazd for letting me know the correct feature request process.

I'll do this.

Dan Read