Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Max number of devices (APs+switches) per site?

Posted 06-17-2021 01:27 PM
    Hi,

Is there a maximum number of devices per site? I've read that 25 is the maximum number of APs for a cluster (and also for site) but is there a maximum for switches or in general? I've seen a site with 40 devices and seems that there is no option to add any new device...

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Jorge

• 2.  RE: Max number of devices (APs+switches) per site?

Posted 06-18-2021 11:50 AM
    Hi Jorge, 

the max number of devices is 25 for both AP's and switches. If you would need more devices, you always could set up a second AIO site for the same location, keep in mind however that wireless devices will not roam smoothly between the 2 networks. It would be as having 2 stand alone AP's with the same SSID.
    If you really need more than 25 devices in one site, i would recommend to look at Aruba and Aruba Instant with Cloud Central...

------------------------------
    Yousch Karimi

• 3.  RE: Max number of devices (APs+switches) per site?

Posted 07-06-2021 04:37 AM
    Hi Yousch!!

Thanks! Regarding your reply, suppose you have more than 25 APs and you create another site for the same location. Should the clusters be in different vlans or you can have them in the same but creating to different cluster?

• 4.  RE: Max number of devices (APs+switches) per site?

Posted 07-06-2021 06:19 AM
    They can be on the same VLAN if you want. 
    A site can be seen as a logical group to manage a set of up to 25 devices.
    You should of course consider if putting them in the same VLAN is a wise decision.... ;-)

Yousch Karimi

• 5.  RE: Max number of devices (APs+switches) per site?

Employee
    Posted 08-25-2021 06:21 AM
    Jorge, the maximum number of devices (AP and Switches) per site is 25 but you can create more than one site on the portal.
    However, note that these two sites cannot be on the same VLAN - these would be treated as disjoint networks but still manageable using the Cloud portal.

Sreenath Seshadri