Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  OfficeConnect OC-20 series

Posted 03-25-2022 11:21 AM
    I was re-re-re-direct here by someone on the airheads community. I am still currently having a problem with the TIME synchronization of several OC-20 APs in different sites, all having the same identical issue - here's my post:

I would like to know if anyone has and can verify a time synchronization problem with this series. Long story short, I have a few of these OC-20 APs installed in 3 different customer locations and they all have th esame issue (running latest firmware): at first boot or reboot the time is correctly synchronized and is reported correctly. Day after day the time drifts further out of synch and each site reports a different time based on the drift probably. To resolve the situation I have to reboot one AP and the time immediately is resynched correctly. I have tried supplying the NTP through DHCP and checking through the diagnostic logs from the AP themselves and they received the DHCP option correctly. However they still fail to synch apparently after the first synch at boot / reboot. I have had to disable all time related access windows to avoid problems. I have posted this several months ago and no solution was reported nor suggested - apart from checkig the firmware which is at it's latest version (they update automagically). I will try to yet again open another case but I find it rather surprising that nobody to this date has confirmed or denied the issue.
    Can anyone who has these OC-20s installed give me some feedback? I don't have a problem on one but 3 different sites with 3 different networks and ISPs (plus there are no other issues).

Thanks

------------------------------
    Luca Forattini

• 2.  RE: OfficeConnect OC-20 series

Employee
    Posted 03-29-2022 02:16 PM
    Hey Luca,

I'm working with my team on your concerns. Once I have information to share with you, I will update the thread. Thank you for your patience.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: OfficeConnect OC-20 series

Posted 04-12-2022 09:38 AM
    Hi @JM52, are there any updates on the issue?

Luca Forattini