Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP22 wired connected but topology showing otherwise

Employee
    Posted 02-15-2022 03:30 PM
    Hi,
    new to Aruba IO and trying to understand why my topology looks like this when I have all access points connect via wire to same network.

------------------------------
    Gabriel Inabnit
    Software Engineer
    Hewlett Packard Enterprise

• 2.  RE: AP22 wired connected but topology showing otherwise

Posted 02-15-2022 09:56 PM
    That would suggest that you have them daisy chained like this: From the left. AP11D on 3F, below that is AP11D on 2F (don't ask ^^;)  
    Middle is AP11D on 1F and AP12 at the other end of the room for testing.

Note that when I was doing Mihiro house, sometimes I would see a similar mess to yours but it would go away after a while. I have no idea why it thought I was playing musical chairs.

Still can't change my name from FL17!

• 3.  RE: AP22 wired connected but topology showing otherwise

Employee
    Posted 02-16-2022 06:44 AM

Thanks for your response - AP22 cannot be daisy chained. They either link up via LAN or via peer APs. Since I have all three of mine wired I couldn't understand what was going on - still can't for that matter :-)

The topology looks correct now. It did "fix" itself after a while. However, I keep seeing this which is bugging me:

Looking at the port info for "A": it tells me it's connected to "C"

Looking at the port info for "C": it tells me it's connected to "A"

Looking at the port info for "B": it's not mentioning being connected to either of the other two APs

Should I worry or simply ignore it?

UPDATE: after a while the APs did no longer show being connected via each other.
    However, after changing my setup, which included taking two APs offline and power off, B and C are now showing connected via A.
    I'll wait and see if this settles itself after a while too.

Gabriel Inäbnit