Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Can't achieve 160MHz bandwidth on AP-345 (RW)

Posted 05-17-2022 01:08 PM
    I have AP-345 (RW) with latest firmware and Regulatory Setting, using it without controller. The documentation states that AP supports 160MHz mode, but I can't make it work. The maximum I get is the 80MHz band.

When ARM is enabled, AP automatically selects channel 36E, which means 80MHz.

If I turn off ARM (Configuration > Access Points > edit current AP > Radio > switch 5 GHz band from "Adaptive radio management assigned" to "Administrator assigned"), channel selection becomes available. And, among others, there are channels 36S and 100S, which means 160Mhz bands.
    Also, in Configuration > RF, in advanced options, in "Valid 5 GHz channels" all available channels selected, including 36S and 100S.

If I choose 36S or 100S, AP pretends that it works, but no any client can connect to it. As clients I have Macbook Pro 2021, IPhone 12, ASUS laptop, TV-box, and others. They just can't see Wi-Fi-network on AP-345.
    If I switching channel on AP-345 to any 20/40/80 MHz bands (36, 36+, 36E, etc.), all clients can successfully connect and work with it.
    I have some router with OpenWRT, and it have Channel Analysis tool. And it sees Wi-Fi-network on AP-345, but shows it 80 MHz-width band when it switched to 36S or 100S mode.

Also this third-party router can work with 160MHz-bands itself, and if I creating access point on it, my clients, such as laptop, works with it in 160MHz mode without any issues. So I believe there is no problem with clients.

What am I doing wrong with Aruba AP?

------------------------------
    wf1nder

• 2.  RE: Can't achieve 160MHz bandwidth on AP-345 (RW)

Employee
    Posted 05-24-2022 09:18 PM
    Hello,

Please reach out to our peers over at the Airheads Community. https://community.arubanetworks.com/home 

Aruba Instant On Communications