Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  missing features

Posted 02-11-2022 03:55 AM
    I very much like ION and I am using it for several of my clients with great success. However, there are a few features missing that I had with previous vendors and would like consideration for these to be added to the portal:

1. Rogue AP detection - this is good to see what is interfering and what might be spoofing my SSID's etc
    2. Turn off SSID per access point so that I can only broadcast the meeting room SSID into the meeting room and not the whole building
    3. LED disable per access point rather than the whole site. This would be handy as sometimes you need to see that an Access Point is actually on.

I am sure there are lots of other things I am missing and welcome comments from other users to add to the list.

thanks
    Rob

• 2.  RE: missing features

Employee
    Posted 02-11-2022 02:02 PM
    Hi Rob,

Thank you for sharing your suggestions with us. I will pass these along to my team!

------------------------------
    Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: missing features

Posted 02-14-2022 09:31 PM
    Yes Rob! 

For us, disabling SSID(s) by AP is crucial and has forced us to spec competitive gear on a few installations. 
    Individual LED toggles would definitely be nice for those bedroom / family room deployments.

Ethan

• 4.  RE: missing features

Posted 02-15-2022 03:05 AM
    Our most common reason to choose another Vendor for APs is, that Aruba Instant On doesn't support a simple MAC Whitelist per SSID.

We had to use Sophos APs with Sophos Central, which is free now, for a Larger Project because it offered a Captive Portal and a MAC Whitelist.

Bjoern Ebner