Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Ap22 speed

Posted 01-17-2022 11:11 AM
    What speed do you seen with ap22 and wifi6 clients?

i have did iperf3 and speedtest.net tests and unable to push more than 450-500mbit, and the speed often jump up and down, if i switch to my UniFi U6-LR i get 650mbit without any problems. My old Meraki wifi5 is also better and more stable on speed.
    I have tested power level up and down, did wifi scan and ap is running on low busy channel

• 2.  RE: Ap22 speed

Posted 01-18-2022 09:51 AM
    The U6-LR is 4x4 mimo while the AP22 is only 2x2, so depending on how many clients are connected could make a big difference.  If there are 4 clients then the U6 can handle each at the same time, one per radio whereas the AP22 would have to share radios between clients slowing things down.   Best way to test is a single client on each AP.  To benefit from wifi 6 you need a bunch of wifi 6 clients and even then, the more radios you have the better performace you'll see.  If you have a mix of wifi 5 and 6 clients on a particluar radio that radio might default to wifi 5 cuz it might not be able to do both at the same time.  Then is wifi 6 optimization turned on in the AP22 or U6?  Most wifi 6 APs this optimization is turned off by default, so you'd need to check the settings on each to make an apples to apples comparison.

• 3.  RE: Ap22 speed

Employee
    Posted 01-18-2022 07:23 PM
    Hey,

We noticed that you're comparing the AP22 with an UniFi U6-LR. It is important to know that the AP22 is a 2x2 AP while U6-LR is a 4x4. So depending on the number of clients connected could make a big difference in performance.

------------------------------
    Aruba Instant On Communications
    ------------------------------