Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Backup Stack Settings

Posted 04-28-2022 05:10 PM
    I have 4 1960 switches stacked.  When setting it up, I tried to backup the settings from the conductor, resetting the switches, and then restoring those settings.  That did not work.  I had to manually reconfigure all of the switches.  I'm wondering what the correct process for backing up stack settings is.  Tx!

------------------------------
    David Lindenstruth

• 2.  RE: Backup Stack Settings

Employee
    Posted 04-29-2022 04:18 PM
    Hey David, 

I'm checking into this for you with one of our engineers to confirm. Thank you for your patience.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: Backup Stack Settings

Employee
    Posted 05-03-2022 10:02 PM
    My team did get back to me and they need more information. Is the 1960 stack managed via Local Web GUI or Cloud? Can you elaborate on how the backup was done?

• 4.  RE: Backup Stack Settings

Posted 05-04-2022 10:00 AM
    I manage the stack using the Local Web GUI.  I went to Maintenance - Backup and Update Files.  I downloaded the image (to .bin file).

I then factory reset all of the switches.

When it didn't work, I don't recall if I tried to restore the .bin file in cloud mode, local web GUI mode, or both.

At this point, I would only want/need instructions on how to backup and restore the stack using the Local Web GUI - i.e. after the factory reset and entering into Local Web GUI mode: which switch(es) do I need to restore the settings to, at what point do I physically connect the switches together, do I need to setup the stack in the GUI before trying to restore the settings, etc.

David Lindenstruth

• 5.  RE: Backup Stack Settings

Posted 05-14-2022 12:33 PM
    Hi - I just wanted to check-in on this.  Tx!

David Lindenstruth

• 6.  RE: Backup Stack Settings

Employee
    Posted 05-18-2022 09:33 AM

Hi David,

My apologies for the delay but my team did provide more help! Below is the message they shared.

Download the configuration file instead of downloading the image.

Please find the below steps to back up the stack configuration file: 

• Assume the 1960 4 member stack working well with all the required configurations like VLANs, port mappings, ACL, Scheduling features, etc on the stack conductor and members
    • Navigate to Maintenance - Backup and Update Files -> select file type as startup or running configurations and upload the config file either using HTTP, FTP or TFTP.
    • This file should be used to restore the stack.

After factory reset of the switch, firstly configure the stacking basic configurations like stacking ports, and unit ID numbering on all the switches individually. Connect the stacking ports and confirm if the stack is again formed like earlier. Now upload the previous backed up configuration file and with that, all the previous configurations (for example VLANs, port mappings, ACL ) should be retain.