Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Flow Control is not enabled when switch is cloud enabled only when local management and manually enabled

Posted 04-01-2022 11:25 AM
    Hello,

It appears that flow control is not enabled when my 24 port POE 1930 switch is cloud joined/enabled. However, when I change it to local management then I can manually enable flow control which resolves some connectivity issues for my 1G clients due to ethernet speed mismatch for WAN. Is there a way to enable flow control while it is in the cloud or is this ability coming into the portal soon for a toggle?

• 2.  RE: Flow Control is not enabled when switch is cloud enabled only when local management and manually enabled

Employee
    Posted 04-05-2022 05:17 PM
    Yes, the option to toggle flow control settings is not available in the cloud portal as the portal is designed to be simple with less configuration than the local web GUI. I want to do all I can to assist. Can you elaborate on the connectivity issue faced due to this?

------------------------------
    Aruba Instant On Communications
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Flow Control is not enabled when switch is cloud enabled only when local management and manually enabled

Posted 04-06-2022 12:15 PM
    JM78 Appreciate you responding. ​Flow control is a very important setting even for the more simple web configuration portal. The reason why it was needed to be enabled manually was due to my WAN being 2.5Gb and this was causing buffering issues with 1 Gbps clients when doing anything online. For example a speedtest from 1G client would be at 300 Mbps or less, but flow control enabled it would go to full 940 Mbps. 

When there are mismatched speed clients e.g. 1Gbps to 2.5Gbps, flow control is the only way on the switch to prevent issues with speeds. Hopefully this can be put as a request to enable either by default when cloud management or to have a toggle in the cloud.