Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Remote Log Server feature not sending complete "component" info

Posted 05-02-2022 10:20 AM
    I've noticed when receiving remote logging information from a 1930 24G, that the component column is not sent in its entirety.  Unfortunately because of this, some of the remote log entries contain no useful information.  For example, log entries such as the following -:

... will appear in the remote log as below -:

May 1 11:05:11 aruba LINK: Hostname: <JL682A>, 15

May 1 11:05:23 aruba LINK: Hostname: <JL682A>, 15

May 1 11:05:26 aruba LINK: Hostname: <JL682A>, 15

May 1 11:05:28 aruba LINK: Hostname: <JL682A>, 15

May 1 11:05:31 aruba LINK: Hostname: <JL682A>, 15

As can be seen above, the "LINK-I-UP" and "LINK-W-DOWN" components are both shortened to "LINK".  Because the description only contains the port number, those remote log entries dont show the pertinent purpose of those lines. 

I've noticed other component entries are also shorted, for example "AAA-I-DISCONNECT" and "AAA-I-CONNECT" are both shortened to "AAA".  Also "NT_LLDP-N-LLDP_TRAP" is shortened to "NT_LLDP".  But in those cases (at least from what I have noticed on my end) the description contains enough information to determine what the purpose of the entry is.

I'm not sure if HPE/Aruba engineers monitor these posts for bug fixes or feature requests.  But it would be better if in cases where a log entry would contain sparse/useless information, that either the description contain more relevant information, or the component be sent in its entirety.  So in the case of the LINK lines above, either the description show "15 I-UP" instead of just "15", or that the component show "LINK-I-UP" instead of just "LINK".

• 2.  RE: Remote Log Server feature not sending complete "component" info

Employee
    Posted 05-03-2022 10:08 PM
    Hi,

We monitor the threads and I'm sharing this post with our engineers as well. Thank you for sharing with us.

------------------------------
    Aruba Instant On Communications
    ------------------------------