Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba 1930/1960 IPv6

Posted 03-31-2022 11:55 AM
    Hi! So im new to the whole aruba line. But am wondering if IPv6 is supported for the above switches. I currently have a aruba 1930 8 port and am quite happy with it. Some issues do arise with regards to ipv6. My ISP does provide me a dynamic ipv6 prefix. Problem i am encountering is my wifi is connected to the 8 port switch and as soon as the prefix changes, ipv6 also drops support. I still have ipv4 fallback. i have to do a reboot of the switch and everything works out again. I can confirm this to be isolated to the switch since i can ping using my router ipv6 addresses. I am trying to ascertain if im going to have issues with the 1960. I ordered it a few days ago and just want to be sure i dont have to reboot every so often. Is it a Problem with my config? RA from router? Or can the switches from this line up (1930/1960) support only SLAAC?. On the 8 port switch itself i dont get anything on the ipv6 section as an address and ping from the switch to ipv6 addresses dont work as well. I hope someone could shed me some light as the current implementations/support of ipv6, especially the 1960 since i am planning to replace my 2910al as my main switch. Or should i just get a 2540?  Thanks and have a nice day!

------------------------------
    Nick Jano Espanola

• 2.  RE: Aruba 1930/1960 IPv6

Employee
    Posted 04-05-2022 05:14 PM
    Hey Nick,

I'm checking with my team about this. Once I have more insight, I will update this thread.

Aruba Instant On Communications