Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  VLAN Tagging Issues

Posted 04-12-2022 10:31 AM

I am having some issues getting vlans to work for devices on a 1960 12XGT switch. I'm able to ping and access the management vlan for the switch, but the untagged ports for other vlans don't seem to be passing packets to/from the devices connected to those ports. I've attached a diagram of what I have going.

The top switch is a 5406zl2 core where intervlan routing takes place. The middle 2930F edge switch and the bottom is the 1960 access switch. The switches are interconnected via the fiber SFP+ ports and have all three vlans tagged. The ethernet ports are untagged for vlans 10 or 20. Workstations 01-04 can talk to each other and access the switches via the management IP (vlan 99). Workstations 05 and 06 are unable to communicate with anything.
    I have this same setup in several other areas, but with older HPE/Aruba switches and it works like a charm. Is there something new on these 1960 series switches that needs to be configured to allow untagged vlan ports to pass traffic properly?

------------------------------
    Seth Turner

• 2.  RE: VLAN Tagging Issues

Employee
    Posted 04-13-2022 08:19 PM
    Checking internally on this for you. I will update this thread with more assistance for you soon.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: VLAN Tagging Issues

Posted 04-13-2022 08:32 PM
    I figured out what the issue was. The PVID was still set to the default vlan on all ports. Setting the PVID of the port to match the untagged vlan fixed my issue. I never had to do this on previous HPE/Aruba switches that I had configured.

Seth Turner

• 4.  RE: VLAN Tagging Issues

Posted 07-07-2022 11:15 AM
    hi seth,, i have the same issue.. my router does the intervlan routing, my vlans on aruba 2930f is all working, but on my 1930 aruba.. it does nothing..
    please clarify the "Setting of PVID of the port to match the untagged vlan

thankyou

adrian buenavista

• 5.  RE: VLAN Tagging Issues

Posted 07-13-2022 01:47 PM
      |   view attached
    I think this screenshot should help.

Johannes

Johannes Litterst

• 6.  RE: VLAN Tagging Issues

Posted 07-13-2022 01:47 PM
    Thank you very much. I had the same Problem.... changed the PVID and everything works as planned. I don't get why that switches make that an other way as any other switch i configured befor.
    Thank You!!!

Johannes Litterst

• 7.  RE: VLAN Tagging Issues

Employee
    Posted 04-19-2022 01:02 PM
    Hey Seth,

I did get confirmation today that you would need to contact support so that our support team can assist. You can reach out to them via the link below. 

Contact Aruba Instant On Support

Aruba Instant On remove preview
    Contact Aruba Instant On Support
    Need help? Aruba Instant On customers can contact technical support via online chat or phone.
    View this on Aruba Instant On >

Aruba Instant On Communications