Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Spanning tree protocol

Posted 03-16-2022 08:10 AM
    Hi

Between two 1930 switch (locally managed) I want to enable MSTP protocol. Maybe some will mention it iis an overkill, you enable MSTP if you have multiple VLans or multiple  switches weirdly connected together...etc. Answer is I don t care. i want to be able to set up thsi protocol the correct way so, what I have done so far
    Global settings:
    -Enabled on both switches the Spanning Tree Admin Mode and as a protocol version chose MSTP
    -Gave different bridge priority to each one of them in order for one of the them to be elected as root bridge (so Bridge priority one one is 4096 the other 8192)
    -Kept same configuration name and configuration revision level for both switches

Apart from that tab though (Global) there is also CST configuration (for ports) and MSTP configuration (you create a new one  with MSTP ID / Priority and VLAN Assosiation)
    Do I need them configured as well in order to successfully enable the MSTP protocol

In General how (with example) someone sets up the MSTP protocol (already read the manual but its just generalities and definitions. Useless, like reading about medicine and afterwards getting ready the next day to perform a surgery)

PS In order the first question I get is what am I trying to accomplish the answer is simple, hypothetical loops.

Thank you in advance

------------------------------
    Jim tsoutsouras

• 2.  RE: Spanning tree protocol

Employee
    Posted 03-17-2022 11:34 AM
    Hey Jim,

I shared this with our team here and should have an answer for you soon.

Aruba Instant On Communications