Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  1930 Supply Chain Issues?

Posted 06-05-2022 10:42 AM
    I realize this isn't a place to discuss the nuances of Aruba "sales and distribution", but wondering (more like need to know it's not just me) if any others are experiencing difficulty in obtaining the 1930 -series switches (other than the 8-port). I was able to get my hands on the following in April 2021...

JL681A
    JL682A

At the time of order, the very reputable reseller indicated they had access to "multiple hundreds" of each but since then, the JL682A has been "out of stock" everywhere in the US. The distributors I've been able to contact in early 2022 stated June/July 2022, but here we are, the beginning of June, and it seems many have indicated it will be mid/end August 2022 (here in the USA)...some online retailers are now using "we cannot guarantee a delivery date" in lieu of a date.  :0/

What am I missing? Other than patience (in these unfortunate times).

I am in need of retiring/replacing a number of old HPE 1920-series switches (company policy prohibits the use of non-supported hardware/software) and, being a tiny company, I can't justify the additional cost of the AIO 1960 switches (ouch)...which are, oddly enough, readily available everywhere.

------------------------------
    Lance Aughey
    aka, Crazy Hick in NH

• 2.  RE: 1930 Supply Chain Issues?

Employee
    Posted 06-08-2022 03:01 PM
    Hey Lance,

We are aware of the concerns customers have with purchasing our devices due to availability. We're working hard to get devices restocked so that you all can complete your purchases. Thank you for your patience with us.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: 1930 Supply Chain Issues?

Posted 08-20-2022 09:31 AM
    I just received promotional literature from a few of our resellers announcing 1830s in stock. After further review, these 1830-series devices carry a different model/sku number and fundamentally different in terms of feature/function. When I reached out to each and asked about restocking the JL681A's and JL682A's (I.e., not these newer, less feature/function models) and was provided "unknown" from one and "March 2023" from the other. This is both ridiculous and unacceptable. I mean, why even bother making this model any further? If it wasn't enough completely changing the platform (CLI/SSH) when taking on the Aruba namesake, now you have watered down the 1830 even further with a new model. I mean, why not simply stop making the model altogether? It certainly seems the future of the 1830-series devices is to convert it to an unmanaged platform. Lastly, why is it that Aruba is allowing people to promote/resell the JL681A's and JL682A's on Amazon and eBay at a rate of 4x the cost of what the resellers would be selling them for (if they could get them). Shame on me for not bailing on this platform when I discovered the lack of CLI/SSH in the rebranded version (of a solid HPE product).

Lance Aughey
    aka, Crazy Hick in NH

• 4.  RE: 1930 Supply Chain Issues?

Employee
    Posted 08-22-2022 04:07 PM
    Hi Lance,

We appreciate you for sharing honest feedback with us about your concerns regarding resellers, our devices, and overall platform performance. Our goal is to always make sure our customers are satisfied with our devices and when we receive feedback, we take it back to our team for review.

Aruba Instant On Communications