Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP11D wired ports - low perfomance

Posted 08-02-2022 05:16 PM
    Hi Community ;)

Did anyone succeed to achieve more than 500 Mbps speeds on wired ports in AP11D?

We have received several complaints from customers that AP11D does not achieve more than 500 Mbps speed on wired ports. We have also tested several AP11D units and noticed that we cannot achieve more than 500 Mbps or near gigabit speed on ports E1-E3. We have also checked different setups and all the cabling (using different Cat6 and Cat7 cables) and we always achieve same result.

We did not find any official note regarding wired port speeds and what could be real life expectation. But customers are not satisfied with the results and are considering to return the product. They say that with achieving only 50% of expected teoretical speed is not accapable.

Does anyone know if this is HW or SW related? Is this performance expected as per design?

BTW, support chat did not know how to repond. We have requested to move this case to offline mode discussion and to send us case ID, but did not receive any email from support agent or system. 

Thank you.
    Klemen

• 2.  RE: AP11D wired ports - low perfomance

Posted 08-05-2022 10:28 PM
    Hi @MelkiaD,

Yes, it turns out we continue to have the same issue as well. This is definitely not per design and is very, very problematic.
    We may need to launch an official complaint with aruba if they can't rectify this issue soon. ​

We just released a dozen of these across North America as a trial for a company we partner with. This could spoil future sales of aruba product with them and potentially harm our reputation. I'm hoping for a quick resolution from aruba here.

------------------------------
    Ethan

• 3.  RE: AP11D wired ports - low perfomance

Posted 11-25-2022 08:24 AM

Hello, @The WiFi Guys and @MelkiaD

I have got same problem as you.

I was expecting that new firmware 2.7.0 will fix the problem but no.
    still slow performance on ethernet ports (around 430mb/s).
    I have got only three of those- not big bussines.
    but I am starting to be pis*ed off.

what do you suggestion? shall I open official RMA or return them to local store (warranty expired in local store, so Im in dead end)

or how did you fixed that?

P L

• 4.  RE: AP11D wired ports - low perfomance

Posted 11-25-2022 08:47 AM
    It would be great, if somebody can test performance on Aruba Instant AP303H model as it is the same HW as AP11D. I don't have it handy any more to test it, but as for now I didn't hear any complaints from customers about wired performance on it.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj

• 5.  RE: AP11D wired ports - low perfomance

Posted 11-26-2022 01:23 PM

Hello,

It would be great to get an official response from Aruba on this… the lack of response is a little unsettling. 

@JM52 - Do you have any insight on this situation? It seems to be a common issue. We'd very much appreciate your assistance on this if possible. 

Ethan

• 6.  RE: AP11D wired ports - low perfomance

Employee
    Posted 11-28-2022 10:14 AM
    Hey Ethan,

I'm checking with my team to see if they have any insight into this issue. I'll report back once I have more information. Thank you all for your patience.

Aruba Instant On Communications