Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP15 Static IP Assignment

Posted 06-14-2022 03:13 PM

Have a deployment of 6 AP15s behind a standard firewall which also is DHCP server.

Trying to assign static IPs to each of the AP15, But the advanced Ip settings link under connectivity isn't there, either in the iOS app or in browser. 

Anyone know what I'm missing? Would prefer not to have to re-provision all of them to set the static IPs.

Thank you 

------------------------------
    Adam Gee

• 2.  RE: AP15 Static IP Assignment

Posted 06-15-2022 11:38 AM
    The quickest and easiest solution is to have the firewall's DHCP server do that for you. 

DHCP can trivially do that for things that should not float around in the pool.

(I do  this in both the Yamaha at $customer and with ISC-DHCPD at home.)

Still can't change my name from FL17!

• 3.  RE: AP15 Static IP Assignment

Posted 06-15-2022 02:07 PM
    as already stated let the router/dhcp server hand out static IP based on the clients MAC and leave the device itself DHCP.  Makes no sense to ever set a device static in the device itself, will cause nothing but headaches down the road should your DHCP/router crash and the old config file won't work in the new one or you simply want to upgrade to a better, faster gateway.

• 4.  RE: AP15 Static IP Assignment

Employee
    Posted 06-21-2022 09:40 PM
    Please refer to the user guide section "DHCP or Static IP Addressing" to assign Instant On AP with static IP address.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 5.  RE: AP15 Static IP Assignment

Posted 07-06-2022 09:25 AM
    why do you need a static IP?

Katerina Olana