Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP25 Band Steering

Posted 05-22-2022 05:42 PM
    I just received an AP25 and the band steering on it doesn't seem to work. I have devices all over the house and it seems to force all of them on 5ghz no matter the distance which for the closer devices is fine, however for devices further away it causes them to disconnect randomly or have a red signal meter in the ION portal. Instead of going to 2.4ghz they seem to be stuck on 5ghz full time. With my old Ubiquiti setup this never happened as the devices would switch to the band that is best based on their distance which would mean the far away devices would be on 2.4ghz.

Can a firmware update be pushed for users to specify band steering settings? Or at least to turn it off and let the clients decide which band to run on?

• 2.  RE: AP25 Band Steering

Employee
    Posted 05-24-2022 09:06 PM
    Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please share details of the wireless client being used?

------------------------------
    Aruba Instant On Communications
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: AP25 Band Steering

Posted 05-24-2022 10:49 PM
    The devices I am noticing this on most are mobile devices such as phones and tablets. More specifically iPhone and iPad. I did notice it on one Windows laptop though.