Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba 1960 Switch Stuck in Reboot Cycle

Posted 08-22-2022 02:06 PM
    Hello Everyone,

Just recently purchased Aruba 1960 Switches (JL808A). I've been able to install all of them without incident, with the exception of one. When I plug it in, it seems to begin the startup process, but after about 90 seconds in, it reboots and it will continually do so every minute or so.

I have tried using the pinhole reset button a few times, with no change. No changes or firmware have been installed on the unit. Literally just opened box, and plugged it in.

When I plug it in, it goes through the following:
    1. All LED port lights are steady green.
    2. Power, Spd, Stk indicators are steady green.
    3. Cloud indicator is off.
    4. UID indicator blinks blue.

After approximately 90 seconds in, all port lights, Power, & Stk turn orange. Spd & UID indicators turn off. The cloud indicator turns green, and the reboot process starts again.

Any ideas on how to get this unit to come online properly, or did I get a dead unit?

------------------------------
    Gardhy Saint-Vil

• 2.  RE: Aruba 1960 Switch Stuck in Reboot Cycle

Employee
    Posted 08-24-2022 02:59 PM
    Can you explain more on the connection i.e. any stacking connection being tried. Is the switch management local or cloud? Are there other switches in local and this is in the cloud?

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: Aruba 1960 Switch Stuck in Reboot Cycle

Posted 08-24-2022 03:08 PM
    No stacking is being tried. I will get the switch management to be local, if I ever get it online. All of our deployed switches are managed locally.. This switch literately out of the box, plugged in and it began this cycle. I haven't been able to do anything yet with it at all. I cannot even get to the web interface to begin configuration.

Gardhy Saint-Vil