Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba 303 not visible in device list of virtual controller (cluster Aruba 505 and 505H)

Posted 05-24-2022 12:23 PM

Hello,

We have an existing Aruba 505 AP and Aruba 505h AP cluster network and recently added the Aruba 303, which is not visible in the AP/device list of the virtual controller. I doesn't matter if the 505 or 505h is set as the master AP. When I scan the network and try to access the webportal via IP-adres of the Aruba 303, it redirects me to the IP-adres and virtual controller though (?). The strange thing is that I'm able to get the Aruba 303 in the virtual controller with the Aruba 505 but then the Aruba 505H won't show up anymore in the device/AP list of the virtual controller. Also, when I scan the network and try to access the webportal via IP-adres of the Aruba  505H, it redirects me to the virtual controller as wel. I've tried resetting all the AP but the result is the same.

additional information:
    Firmware: 8.7.1.9_83631 
    Virtual controller is set on a different IP-adres then the master AP. 

I hope someone can shed some light on this problem we are experiencing.

Kind regards,

Mathijs

------------------------------
    Mathijs van der Pers

• 2.  RE: Aruba 303 not visible in device list of virtual controller (cluster Aruba 505 and 505H)

Posted 06-14-2022 03:13 PM
    Hello,

I have a similar problem.

We have an existing network of clusters Aruba 318, 367, 303 AP on Aruba 318 is a controller and we recently added Aruba 505, which is not visible in the list of AP / virtual controller devices. When I scan the network and try to access the web portal via the Aruba 505 IP address, it still redirects me to the IP address and virtual controller. I tried to reset all APs, but the result is the same.

Additional information:
    firmware 8.10.0.1_84079 LSR
    The virtual controller is set to a different IP address than the main AP.

King regards,

Lazar

Lazar Simic

• 3.  RE: Aruba 303 not visible in device list of virtual controller (cluster Aruba 505 and 505H)

Posted 06-14-2022 03:13 PM
    Hello,

I have a similar problem.

We have an existing network of clusters Aruba 318, 367, 303 AP on Aruba 318 is a controller and we recently added Aruba 505, which is not visible in the list of AP / virtual controller devices. When I scan the network and try to access the web portal via the Aruba 505 IP address, it still redirects me to the IP address and virtual controller. I tried to reset all APs, but the result is the same.

Additional information:
    firmware 8.10.0.1_84079 LSR
    The virtual controller is set to a different IP address than the main AP.

Lazar Simic

• 4.  RE: Aruba 303 not visible in device list of virtual controller (cluster Aruba 505 and 505H)

Employee
    Posted 06-15-2022 08:27 PM
    Hi! 

Our Airheads Community members will be able to assist you. https://community.arubanetworks.com/home  

Aruba Instant On Communications