Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Cloud Vs Local

Posted 09-19-2022 01:54 PM
    Good evening, 

I'm awaiting on stock in the UK (circa 3 months now) for a 1930 24 POE switch 613A if I recall.  Currently using Unifi, which has it's pros and cons.  Main reason for moving across to HPE is I have experience of their support in corporate environments previously, even though putting firmware behind a paywall these days compared to Dell was a poor idea.. 

Unifi's hardware warranty is shocking IMHO as you fight to get a warranty replacement, then have to ship back to them at your expense.  Even though it's a failure on their product.  

I've registed for portal account etc. but haven't started to setup a site yet (1930 POE 24 port switch, 8 port 1830 POE switch and AP25).  AP25 and 1830 are sat boxed still as I rather install as one setup rather than a mix of Unifi and HPE AIO.

Is there plans to offer the same config options for a local login Vs a cloud login?  I have managed HPE ProCurve and Cisco switches previously etc.  My UK partner tried to get me to go none AIO route due to lead times, but the price and other factors put me off, although I may still consider.

------------------------------
    Mike Scott

• 2.  RE: Cloud Vs Local

Employee
    Posted 09-27-2022 09:30 PM
    Hey Mike,

Thank you for considering making the switch over to Aruba Instant On. We would recommend you create a site with the 1830 and AP25 first. Then once the 1930s are available, you can add it later.

Regarding the configuring options for local vs cloud, we wanted the cloud portal and app to be simple considering it's designed for SMB customers. Whereas local has more features in comparison to the cloud portal. 

Aruba Instant On Communications