Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  I am looking to setup 5 new aruba instant on 1930 switches in my new office network

Posted 05-24-2022 12:24 PM

Hi,

I have 5 switches connected with each other and I am trying to setup VLAN on all 5 switches,
    switch 1 - VLAN30
    switch 2 - VLAN40
    switch 3 - VLAN50
    switch 4 - VLAN60
    switch 5 - VLAN70

however, currently, I am getting IP only on my switch 1 - VLAN30 which is connected to my firewall LAN port (in firewall also I have created VLAN30) acting as DHCP.

I am not getting IP from the firewall to any other VLANs on the other switches, is this something I am doing wrong in connecting all the switches?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
    Mithun Reddy

• 2.  RE: I am looking to setup 5 new aruba instant on 1930 switches in my new office network

Posted 06-08-2022 03:35 PM
    How exactly do you have the switches connected, and which ports of each are members of which VLANs?

Are you trying to get DHCP running for all 5 VLANs?  Or do you need DHCP only on VLAN 30?
    To get DHCP on all 5 VLANs, your DHCP server would need to be a member of all 5 VLANs, and would need to be configured with 5 scopes.  (Or you can run 5 different DHCP servers, 1 on each VLAN).

If you have a single connection to your WAN, router, or rest of your network, then that connection needs to properly handle traffic from all 5 VLANs.
    For example, if you connection Switch 1 to a router, then Switches 2 through 5 to Switch 1, the port that connects the Switch to the router needs to carry the VLAN traffic for all 5 VLANs, not just Switch 1  / VLAN 30.

BMS

• 3.  RE: I am looking to setup 5 new aruba instant on 1930 switches in my new office network

Posted 06-13-2022 01:24 AM

Hi @Brian Stewart

I have computers connected to all switches and below are the issue details:

I have computers connected to switch 1 and switch 5 and I am grouping them as VLAN30 by selecting the ports on SW1 and SW5, but I am only getting IP for the computers which are connected to switch 1 and computers connected to switch 5 I am not getting the IP.

Switch 1 - VLAN 30 - 5 ports
    Switch 5 - VLAN 30 - 3 ports 

DHCP is configured on Sophos firewall.

Important Note: The Sophos firewall's LAN cable is connected only to switch 1.
    From Switch 1 we have connected all other switches using uplink cables.

If you have a single connection to your WAN, router, or rest of your network, then that connection needs to properly handle traffic from all 5 VLANs.
    For example, if you connection Switch 1 to a router, then Switches 2 through 5 to Switch 1, the port that connects the Switch to the router needs to carry the VLAN traffic for all 5 VLANs, not just Switch 1  / VLAN 30.
    Brian Stewart,  06-08-2022 03:34 PM

But how to configure these Aruba switches?

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Mithun Reddy

Mithun Reddy

• 4.  RE: I am looking to setup 5 new aruba instant on 1930 switches in my new office network

Posted 06-13-2022 03:24 PM
    From Switch 1 we have connected all other switches using uplink cables

Is the connection between Switch 1 and Switch 5 a member of VLAN 30?

You need to make sure that the port on Switch 1 that connects to Switch 5 is a member of VLAN 30.
    You need to also make sure that the port on Switch 5 that connects to Switch 1 is a member of VLAN 30.

If you have other traffic on Switch 5 that needs to go out through the same connection to Switch 1, you will need another VLAN or you will need to handle tagged traffic for VLAN 30 and untagged traffic for the rest.

BMS