Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Static IP Assignment for Access Points

Posted 06-14-2022 03:13 PM
    Hello!

I have an Aruba Instant On AP15, to which I want to assign a static IP address.

This article describes the procedure

The procedure shows how to assign an IP address to the access point. Once the LED on the access point turns orange, the access point will transmit an open SSID InstantOn-AB:CD:EF after about a minute, where AB:CD:EF should correspond to the last three octets of the MAC address of my access point.

The problem is that the AP doesn't broadcast an "open SSID" to log in to
    https://connect.arubainstanton.com and configure the IP, subnet mask, default gateway address, and custom DNS.

I am configuring the AP in "Router Mode" --> It connects directly to the ISP modem.

If this has happened to any of you, I would appreciate it if you could help me, thanks.

Regards

------------------------------
    N/A

• 2.  RE: Static IP Assignment for Access Points

Employee
    Posted 06-21-2022 09:51 PM
    Hi,

This option is enabled for users connecting to WAN which goes through a PPPoE connections where AP will not get the IP address. This local web GUI can help configure the credentials for AP onboarding.

Please refer the below steps.

If the AP is already part of any site, remove the AP or delete the site so that the AP goes on factory reset erasing all previous configurations.

When the AP is rebooting after a factory reset, connect the AP ethernet cable to another switch which doesn't have any port configurations and also no DHCP servers on that network, basically AP shouldn't get an IP address.

After the AP boots, check on the AP LED to make sure it turns solid orange. Please check if AP is broadcasting the SSID Instant-On-dd:dd ( last 4 digits of AP mac-address) and now get connected to this open SSID.

Then open https://connect.arubainstanton.com/ to see the AP page which allows you to configure AP static IP, PPPoE details, uplink TAG VLAN etc.

Aruba Instant On Communications