Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Wirelss network goes down if I move ethernet connection from one port to another

Posted 06-16-2022 11:35 AM
    I have a bridged LAN port on my router where my AP22 has historically been connected.  That router is connected to a layer 2 managed switch.  The switch has no VLANs or anything else fancy - it's a plain, L2 switch.

If I move the AP22 from the bridged port on the router to any open port on the switch, I lose access to the AP, as well as my entire Instant On wifi network. (3 additional AP22 access points)  If I move it back to the original port, everything returns to normal.

Again, nothing L3+ is going on - everything is layer two and on the same, flat network.  All APs are DHCP and on the same 192.168.1.0/24 network.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

------------------------------
    Kurt Lieber

• 2.  RE: Wirelss network goes down if I move ethernet connection from one port to another

Posted 06-18-2022 05:37 PM
    Without more information it is very hard to guess what is actually going on here.
    Most likely, the router is doing something else too.

I suggest you map out exactly what your network is doing before playing musical chairs.

Still can't change my name from FL17!

• 3.  RE: Wirelss network goes down if I move ethernet connection from one port to another

Employee
    Posted 06-21-2022 08:58 PM
    Hey Kurt,

We need more information to identify the issues.

1. On the L2 switch port if a laptop is connected does internet work?
    2. When the AP22 is connected to L2 switch, does the AP show as offline on the portal and if so, please check AP web page to see the status & share the screenshot of the page. 

Aruba Instant On Communications