Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Tech support requirement?

Posted 06-02-2020 09:17 PM

Today I needed tech support for an AP-17 which I deployed yesterday, provisioned and it was working fine but later I logged into the system and set its IP to static which seems to have bricked it, it was a reserved, unused IP.   I went back today and reset it, it would be nice if instruction mentioned you jave to unscrew the clear plastc button thing.  Still didn't work, tried a few more resets and still nothing always eventually goes to solid amber so I ordered a new one from distribution and figured I'd call TS to figure out what to do with the bricked AP17.

So tech support is useless, at least it was for me.  First the lady didn't like the fact that my email isn't a business domain email and then she wanted the serial number but I was no longer at the job with the AP17.  I then started thinking that even if I was at the job where would I get the serial number.  AFAIK its only on the box and the sticker that gets removed after its installed or if you can log into it throug its web page or the app you can get it too.  So where do I get the serial number to make this TS rep happy. I'm not going into the dumpster!  She basically told me they have rules and without a serial number and an emial address that uses a business domain I'm SOL (**bleep** out of luck). 

So with the sonos issue described in other posts, an AP17 that apparently has a bug that bricks it if you set a static IP, a factory reset doesn't seem to return it back to factory defsults and a tech support that won't help dealers unless we meat ridiculous requirements is this really a viable product line for the SMB and resi installers?  Other then smashing the bricekd AP17 with a hammer to give me at least some satisfaction is there anything I can do with it since your tech support won't talk to me.  I've only heen in business for 25 years and this is the first time I've come across such stupid requirements to handle a problem with a company's product, maybe get an RMA.  My next recourse will ne to bitch to Ingram Micro who I bought these through but from years of experience I know manufacturers don't like dealers complaing to their distributors since it might discourage distributors from carrying their lines.   

Venting over!

• 2.  RE: Tech support requirement?

Employee
    Posted 06-03-2020 02:54 PM

@VAV  Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the AP17 and support. If you still have your AP17 in the portal go into inventory the serial number and MAC address should be there. There should not be a requirement for a business email address to reach out to support. Please keep me apprised as to your progress. 

• 3.  RE: Tech support requirement?

Posted 06-03-2020 11:07 PM

No longer in the inventory, I eventually removed it thinking maybe if I tried adding it again after the fsctory reset it might work but it didn't.  I used my routers packet tracer and it's still at the static IP so I now the MAC again but it seems the reset didn't clear the static entry or my dns entry cuz I could see it arping who is 8.8.8.8 and I don't think it should be asking that.  It did also ask who is 192.168.31.1 for the router/gateway which it should but not the dns IP and since no one answer that 8.8.8.8 arp query it just keeps asking.  

it was fine until I changed it to static which was stupid since I had a reservation in my router anyway.  Figured I'd eleiminate some chatter.  

• 4.  RE: Tech support requirement?

Posted 06-03-2020 11:10 PM

29455EC1-EAF6-49B7-98F5-A1B65E300D74.png