Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  DNS

Posted 09-25-2019 05:55 PM

I need to set the DNS for the Guest network so that I can set it to the Open DNS family friendly DNS servers and restrict guest access to particular websites. Can this be done on any of the InstantOn access points?

• 2.  RE: DNS

Posted 09-26-2019 03:19 AM
    I also have this kind of problem, but I didn't find a place to configure when I configured it. I can only pop up the portal and I can't make restrictions.

• 3.  RE: DNS

Employee
    Posted 09-26-2019 11:07 AM

@QUuickpath  You have a few options here. You can set the DNS server on the AP and everyone behind the AP will use Open DNS. Or you can set the Guest Network to External in options and that will use a different DHCP server where you can set the DNS.

• 4.  RE: DNS

Posted 09-26-2019 11:13 AM

Where in the device can you set the DNS?

• 5.  RE: DNS

Employee
    Posted 09-26-2019 11:22 AM

@QUuickpath  From your main page click on inventory then click on you AP and from there click on the advanced tab and this is where you can assign a static IP address, Gateway, and DNS.

• 6.  RE: DNS

Posted 09-26-2019 11:43 AM

Ok.  Got it.  However to be usefull each SSID must have it's own independent settings.  Here is what need to be available before we can deploy any of these devices.  1) Each SSID must have it's own DNS and bandwidth controls  2) For the Guest SSID, we need to have a landing page after the terms of agreement are accepted (this is required by most corporate hotel chains) 3) Client isolation option for each SSID 4) Password and Encryption options for the Guest SSID.

• 7.  RE: DNS

Employee
    Posted 09-26-2019 02:42 PM

@QUuickpath You may want to take a look at our Aruba Instant AP line.