Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba 11D VLAN and switch configuration

Posted 02-07-2023 10:23 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to Aruba Instant On and used IAP before. I do not understand how to configure the switch and the 11d for my scenario. Perhaps anybody can help me or send my link with an aruba administration guide.
    Here is my setup:
    I have some APs one is a 11D. On this 11D I want to connect two devices via Ethernet.
    One printer and one addition AP.
    And I have the following VLANs:
    vlan id 5 - management vlan
    vlan id 20 - printers
    vlan id 10 - is for ssid tdsmart

The 11D is connected to cisco switch, also the default gateway for the complete site. The default gateway works also as DHCP server for all networks. For this reason the gateway is connected via a trunk with the switch.
    I also configured the port on the switch for the 11d as trunk. Servicing all vlans.
    This works fine so far, that the 11d can get it's IP via DHCP. Also a PC at the E1 port of the 11d can get it's IP address using DHCP.

But it did not work to get an IP address out of vlan 20. Also wifi client do not get IP address in vlan 10.
    So my questions are:
    1. Which kind of configuration do I need for the cisco switch (access or trunk port)?
    2. How do I have to configure the port E1 for the printer? So that the printer can get an IP from vlan 20
    3. What do I have to do that the wifi clients in network "tdsmart" can get an IP in vlan 10?

I hope anybody can help me or give me hint for a good documentation.
    Thanks to all.
    Cheers
    ryder

------------------------------
    Ryder Hook

• 2.  RE: Aruba 11D VLAN and switch configuration

Employee
    Posted 02-14-2023 05:09 PM

1. Which kind of configuration do I need for the cisco switch (access or trunk port)?

The cisco switch port should be a trunk port capable of carrying multiple VLANs

2. How do I have to configure the port E1 for the printer? So that the printer can get an IP from vlan 20

After creating wired VLANs 10 and 20 on the portal, select the AP 11D and port E1 and tag VLAN 20 to get the IP address from VLAN 20.

3. What do I have to do that the wifi clients in network "tdsmart" can get an IP in VLAN 10?

Under wireless SSID config options below can be used to assign wireless clients in a specific VLAN

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: Aruba 11D VLAN and switch configuration

Posted 02-15-2023 11:57 AM

Hi JM52,

thanks for the description. These are exactly the answers I needed. I configured all, like you described it and it is working now.

Many thanks for the help.

ciao

ryder

Ryder Hook

• 4.  RE: Aruba 11D VLAN and switch configuration

Employee
    Posted 02-17-2023 03:25 PM

So happy it worked for you, Ryder! Have a great weekend!

Aruba Instant On Communications