Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Management VLAN

Posted 04-28-2022 10:50 AM
    We really need an option to change the management VLAN
    problem is we have created a management vlan 5 for example

the problem is if we use the instanton switch and instanton AP's they do not let you set that.
    I need the option to set a management vlan of 5 so the AP's and Switches will use that instead of vlan 1 which everything else uses.
    UBNT you can set the management vlan to what you want.
    I have a mix environment for switches.
    we have mostly Aruba procurve switches with a few instanton for different areas but when we plug an instanton AP into the aruba instanton it will never work because it is trying to use VLAN1 instead of VLAN5 and the switch will not let me change the untag/tag for that port port once an AP is plugged into it.

• 2.  RE: Management VLAN

Posted 04-28-2022 05:10 PM
    I know you can change the management VLAN before the device is adopted into cloud portal, but I haven't figured out a way to change it after it's already been adopted.  I took at look at the user guide but the one I found is dated 2019 and it didn't even talk about being able to set the management VLAN at all.

------------------------------
    Jon

• 3.  RE: Management VLAN

Employee
    Posted 04-28-2022 06:34 PM
    Hey,

Thank you for giving us this feedback. I will share it with my team.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 4.  RE: Management VLAN

Posted 05-05-2022 10:16 AM
    Do you know if this is something they can add? I really need the option to change the entire networks management vlan. This is a big security hole for a lot of places we like to keep all management on a separate vlan through they firewall and not on the default of 1 but instanton cannot support this, ubnt and meraki can.

• 5.  RE: Management VLAN

Employee
    Posted 05-24-2022 07:50 PM
    Uplink Management VLAN of AP cannot be changed after onboarding but can be done before onboarding.

Please refer to the section IP Assignment for Access Points on the user guide linked below.
    https://higherlogicdownload.s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/AIO/14a38ed9-49a3-1262-018b-fedf0aec62c5_file.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAVRDO7IEREB57R7MT&Expires=1652802629&Signature=Rouc%2F5IcCdNhxXKpkHGIRHrs6CI%3D 

Even though the AP management VLAN cannot be changed from VLAN 1, we should be able to handle your deployment where AP will be in default VLAN and clients can be mapped to other VLAN. We recommend chatting with support so that we can help you better.

Aruba Instant On Communications