Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba Instant On 2.8.0 Software Release

Employee
    Posted 03-16-2023 01:56 PM

Friends, we have some exciting news! We have started the update process for the 2.8.0 release this week. The software update will take up to three weeks to reach all users. Users will receive notifications when the new firmware is ready for your site.

With the 2.8.0 release, we are excited to announce that we have enhanced some of the PoE management features. We have added detailed information for supported transceivers in Switching hardware details as well as an improvement to the bandwidth limitation options. The captive portal now has the option to function without a radius server. We have added extra steps to prevent accidental account deletion when trying to delete sites.

Aruba Instant On 2.8.0 release notes and Aruba Instant On 2.8.0 User Guide will be posted soon. A detailed blog post will also be posted soon with more details on how to use these new and updated features best.

------------------------------
    Aruba Instant On Communications

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant On 2.8.0 Software Release

Posted 03-17-2023 02:07 PM

Hello JM52,

Always glad to see these nice updates. Curious if adding back IEEE 802.3x Flow Control setting to the AIO switches is still planned for a future update? This feature was removed in Version 2.1.1 , but perhaps can be a toggle just like Jumbo Frames currently is? I would like to get my switch added back to the Cloud Portal vs having to manage it via the GUI and this setting is holding me and I am sure others back.

Thank you!

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant On 2.8.0 Software Release

Employee
    Posted 03-20-2023 10:39 PM

Hey!

I'm so glad you're pleased with the updates. I can check into this for you to see if it will be added back. 

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant On 2.8.0 Software Release

Posted 03-20-2023 10:42 PM

JM52,

The release notes were published, and there's an error on the revision history for Revision 27 / 2.8.0.  It says the release date is 3/15/2018, however the release date was 3/15/2023.  Someone might want to get on that.  ;)

Travis McMurry