Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Bluescreen using AP11 and DELL Latitude 5511 (AX201)

Posted 11-24-2022 12:10 PM

Hi Community,
    on a site using Aruba Instant On (version 2.7.0 although an older version showed the same issue) we see bluescreens (DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL for netwtw10.sys) on our DELL Latitude 5511 Laptops (using Intel AX201 Wifi chip).

We gathered that it only affects 22.140 & 22.150 version of the drivers but same time 22.150 is indeed the last valid driver version for the AX201 in the 5511.

The trouble started when the driver update onto 22.150 came in, but rolling back the driver seems impossible. The DELL systems recognize it would not be the recent driver and updates them again.

I have had hoped that with InstantOn version 2.7.0 things turn for the better - it was not the case.

Is this issue known to Aruba yet? If needed I can provide more version numbers, system information and such.

Edit: I should mention, when an ethernet cable is plugged in to those laptops the bluescreen do not happen.

Also, when the laptop is taken outside the site where a Access Point of any different vendor is in place the bluescreens do not happen.

Best regards,

Bernd

------------------------------
    Bernd Schmidt

• 2.  RE: Bluescreen using AP11 and DELL Latitude 5511 (AX201)

Posted 11-25-2022 08:33 PM

Hi Bernard,

This is seems to be a known issue with super flaky Intel / Windows drivers and not an aruba issue, per se. 

You may have seen the many, many posts regarding this known bug, here's just one example:
    https://mspoweruser.com/intels-wifi-drivers-have-been-causing-windows-10-bsod-but-there-is-now-a-fix/

Not sure aruba would put resources into something that's really a third party issue, but you never know. 🤷‍♂️ 

Hope you find a resolution soon! 

Ethan

• 3.  RE: Bluescreen using AP11 and DELL Latitude 5511 (AX201)

Employee
    Posted 11-28-2022 10:17 AM

Hey Bernd,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Please upgrade your Intel client manually to the latest 22.180.x version:
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Let me know if this helps. 

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 4.  RE: Bluescreen using AP11 and DELL Latitude 5511 (AX201)

Posted 11-05-2023 11:01 AM

To conclude this question: this one has been fixed by DELL - simply by providing new/updated drivers (late - but it happened).

Bernd Schmidt