Hey, Aruba Partner here.
we sold a few Instant Ons to different customers and we get the same feedback from everyone.
1. the APs wont change a Channel, the app even says the channel is crap, but without rebooting the AP nothing will change.
2. the range of the APs is ridonkulous. I get the feeling that is the fault of the ARM, as we often had quite the same issue with Instant APs or even Controllers. If the APs see each other with a good signal strength the APs are regulating down the Tx Power. Which is usually OK, but in some cases where you are limited with where you can mount APs its making the coverage worse.
If it would be possible to implement a slide control for Tx Power and a manual "check RF now" button it would help A LOT. Some Customers are even trying to return the APs because with the ISP Router/Wifi Combo and a Repeater the Coverage was way better....
I think the Instant On APs are a great idea and are a perfect fit for small businesses and home use, but the product is still in child shoes.
Firmware is 1.3.1 by the way
Unfortunately, I share the same opinion in a similar situation.
I will only add the following requests:
1. Manually chose channels.
2. Manually configure channel width
3. MAC whitelists
Thanks for your feedback. The channels should change automatically based on the environment. If you are not seeing that, please contact TAC to help troubleshoot. We have tried to make the product as simple as possible for the user and hence have not allowed manual configuration of channels.
Please keep a lookout for the additional software features in the upcoming software releases
Using AIO for several weeks, and it does a great job.
Still, I would add the following manual options to the menu (advanced options for configuration)
1. manually choose channels (default = auto)
2. configure channel width (default = auto)
3. configure TX power (default = auto)
4. configure minimal connection speed (to reduce cell size) (default = auto)
Hi Just on this subject after a few weeks of testing. I can see you can change the channel selection and frequency per SSID, but what about being able to change it per access point?
I have 2 AP-15 devices and I want them on different channels, I don't seem to be able to change per device.