Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  1960 - Cloud vs. local Mgmt

Posted 03-13-2023 09:19 AM

Hi,

we are struggeling with the installation of a 1960 environment.

We want to create a Link Aggregation over 2 ports from two different physical switches via the Cloud Console - nothing special... (Edit: the both Switches are in one stack!)

But it doesn´t work via Cloud Console - Maybe  only via local mgmt ? 

Do i have disadvantages when moving to local mgmt ? Do i have all cloud features also on the local WebGUi Mgmt on the 1960s? 

Can i disable automatic updates on local mgmt ? 

BR and thank you in advance 

Cedric 

------------------------------
    Cedric Roller
    Technical Consultant Netzwerk
    Serverhero GmbH

• 2.  RE: 1960 - Cloud vs. local Mgmt

Employee
    Posted 03-13-2023 12:41 PM

Hey Cedric,

I'm checking with my team about your concern. I should have a response soon. Thank you. 

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: 1960 - Cloud vs. local Mgmt

Employee
    Posted 03-15-2023 06:43 PM
    LAG across two different physical switches is not supported when the stack is managed via the cloud, however possible with Local Web GUI management.
    Local Web GUI management has all of the features supported on the cloud plus additional knobs beyond the cloud as the portal is meant to be simple, and lightweight with more ease-of-use options.
    However, Aruba Instant On Switches can be either local web GUI-managed or cloud-managed. Local management doesn't provide remote management capabilities.
    Automatic updates don't happen on local management and the user has to manually upgrade software images.

Aruba Instant On Communications