Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba 1930 died; can't contact support

Posted 05-03-2023 08:45 AM

I've been running a 1930 for about a year, and a month or two ago it died.  It was still on, but the link lights were solid and traffic wouldn't pass through it.

I've tried resetting and rebooting.  On powerup, all the port lights come on, but they don't blink or recognize a link on any plugged in port.  Eventually (minute or two) they turn off.  The heartbeat light remains on solid and the cloud light is blinking.  Can't get it to connect to anything.

I wanted to contact support for troubleshooting advice, but after signing up for the HPE account, it won't let me log in ("Error during authentication, The domain of the email address that you have specified "gmail.com" is public domain. We do NOT support public domain email addresses. Please retry onboarding with a different email address, which is not public domain.")  I can't figure out how non-enterprise customers are supposed to get support.

Any advice on troubleshooting directly, or contacting support, would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Eric

------------------------------
    Eric Altendorf

• 2.  RE: Aruba 1930 died; can't contact support

Posted 05-03-2023 08:53 AM

Hello Eric,

Have you reached out to Aruba support via our Arubainstanton.com website? You can find support phone numbers for all major regions at https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/#contact

Steven Olguin

• 3.  RE: Aruba 1930 died; can't contact support

Posted 05-16-2023 02:04 PM

I'd prefer to file a ticket than wait on hold on the phone.  Also, after the arubainstanton.com website refused to let me even log on (since I don't have a corporate email address, as I described), I figured that if I called, I'd just wait on hold for 15 minutes, then talk to a rep who can't help me since I'm not a corporate customer.

Will phone support actually help me?  If so, why can't I just log on to the website and send a message or file a ticket?

Eric Altendorf

• 4.  RE: Aruba 1930 died; can't contact support

Posted 05-17-2023 09:25 AM

Hi Eric,
    usually when i encounter such a case,
    i take the failed unit to any HPE authorized maintenance center and handle the unit to them without opening a ticket, of course if the failed switch is under warranty.
    they do the RMA and when the replacement unit is ready they contact me to take the replacement unit.

Best regards,
    Ahmad Qattab

• 5.  RE: Aruba 1930 died; can't contact support

Posted 05-22-2023 02:49 PM

Update: I left a negative review on the product on the seller's site, have ordered a non-Aruba replacement switch, and have placed Aruba on my do-not-buy list. :(  I've never had a network switch just up and die, and this one died after just 14 months.  Not what I expect from "enterprise" gear.  Combined with the complete lack of support for a "non-enterprise" customer means this is definitely a brand to avoid for me.

Eric Altendorf