Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Fibre link not working between HP JL806A via port 27, SFP+ R9D18A, fibre cable OS (single mode fibre)

Posted 24 days ago

Hello, I am new to HP Instant on 1960, just got new 3x HP JL806A 24G switches. 

1. 2x HP JL806A, with R9D18A on port 27.
    2. Single mode fibre 120M link both switches, yellow patch lead to port 27 on both side. 
    3. Both HP JL806A set as default with DHCP and local mode, and with software version 2.9.1 

However, both port 27 lights not green, i.e not connected, I swap the patch lead and still the same. 

Could anybody give some hints on why not working? is there any specific settings need to be done on HP JL806A? 

Thanks a lot for you help. 

------------------------------
    Max SONG

• 2.  RE: Fibre link not working between HP JL806A via port 27, SFP+ R9D18A, fibre cable OS (single mode fibre)

Posted 20 days ago

Hi,

do the switches recognize the SFPs installed on both sides?

you can check by login the GUI of the switches and see port 27 on both switches.

if yes, then it might be a fiber cable issue, as the transceiver "R9D18A" is SFP+ SR, which usually works on Multi-Mode Fiber cables.

I did previous installation s where i used SR SFPs on Single Mode Cables, but i noticed it is very susceptible to any fiber bad installation or connector termination.

try to get the two switches in the same room, and try to connect them using a 5 meters fiber patch cable, if the connection is up, then it is a fiber cable issue.

i suggest either, pull a new OM3 cable rather than OS2. or replace the transceiver with SPF+ 10G LR like "S0G21A"

Best regards,

• 3.  RE: Fibre link not working between HP JL806A via port 27, SFP+ R9D18A, fibre cable OS (single mode fibre)

Posted 9 days ago

Based on your query:

It's crucial to verify if the switches recognize the SFPs installed on both sides. Access the switches' GUI and check port 27 status. If recognized, the issue might stem from the fiber cable; R9D18A SFP+ SR typically works with Multi-Mode Fiber, not Single Mode. Test with a 5-meter fiber patch in the same room to diagnose. Consider using OM3 instead of OS2 or switch to a compatible SPF+ 10G LR like "S0G21A.

jack max

• 4.  RE: Fibre link not working between HP JL806A via port 27, SFP+ R9D18A, fibre cable OS (single mode fibre)

Posted 9 days ago

https://sssmidportal.com/

jack max