Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  802.1x Port Authentication Control with NPS and AD

Posted 03-18-2024 11:04 AM
    Hi everyone

I have a problem where I am not familiar with the concept of network access control in Aruba instant on with the aim that every user who wants to connect a LAN cable to their laptop does not immediately get an IP but must enter their Active Directory credentials first. I've read that it can be done via port access control, but how step-by-step do I configure it?
    can someone help me regarding how to setup port access control on Aruba instant on
    Thanks

------------------------------
    rahmat raafiesa

• 2.  RE: 802.1x Port Authentication Control with NPS and AD

Posted 25 days ago

To set up network access control in Aruba Instant On (AIO) for LAN cable connections, configure port settings in the AIO web interface. Create VLANs to segregate traffic and enable port access control for the LAN ports. Specify Active Directory as the authentication server and select the authentication method (e.g., 802.1X) for AD integration.

kevin vasquez

• 3.  RE: 802.1x Port Authentication Control with NPS and AD

Posted 21 days ago

Is there anyone who got dynamic vlans to work with dot1x? TAC told me there is no documentation available, not even with the engineering team (!).

I tried the most obvious choices: Tunnel-Type, Tunnel-Medium-Type and Tunnel-Private-Group-ID, but not vlan got assigned. Also tried the hpe radius attributes like HPE-Egress-VLAN-ID, etc... but still no vlan.

Peter Neyt